ESTA or Visa for the USA

You want to go to the United States for your next vacation. Are you still hesitating between obtaining an ESTA or a american visa (such as the L1 visa or B1 visa / B2 visa)? To answer this question, take into account the particularities of your trip. The ESTA is not a visa , it does not allow to do the same things in the United States.

For a stay of less than 90 days in the United States: It is not necessary to apply for a USA visa. You can simply apply for ESTA online. ESTA is an Electronic Travel Authorization issued by the United States and valid for stays of less than 90 days. To obtain your certificate in a few minutes, click on online form.

ESTA: the simplest authorization

If you meet certain criteria, we strongly advise you to turn to obtaining the ESTA authorization. The latter is a visa exemption, greatly simplifying the steps and formalities to go to the US.

The conditions for eligibility are as follows:

If you meet all these conditions, you can apply for ESTA online and get a response within 72 hours. Compared to a visa, the ESTA form is acquired much more easily, quickly and at a lower cost. The price of ESTA is sometimes variable according to the sites and the services rendered.

US VISA : for special trips

If your trip does not meet the criteria required to obtain an ESTA, you will have to take the necessary steps to obtain a visa corresponding to the characteristics of your stay. Unlike the ESTA authorization, the process of issuing an american visa is much longer and complicated.

As an example, here are some existing Visa:

Be aware that the variations of the Visa are numerous because there are almost as many as there is reason to go to the United States. In order to obtain one, you will have to contact the American Embassy which will inform you about the travel documents for the United States to provide to build your application file. Also be prepared for your appointment at the US Embassy.