Invest in the USA with a VISA E

To go to the United States is not an easy task when it comes to getting permission to have the right to live there. Apart from the ESTA, which has been specifically created to simplify tourist or business trips (short and unpaid), the different types of visas for the USA are usually complicated to acquire. This is particularly the case if you want to invest in your business project in the US using E1 and E2 visas .

What is the E1 / E2 visa?

The E1 visa is a visa intended for foreign citizens wishing to undertake an international commercial activity from the United States. In order to obtain it, it is obligatory that more than 50% of the commercial transactions take place between the country of the visa owner and the USA, and that the volume of these transactions is “considerable”: they must be continuous and important.

The E2 visa concerns entrepreneurs wanting to set up or run a business in which they invest substantial capital. The conditions of obtaining are more numerous than for the E1:

E1 and E2 visas are issued for a period of 5 years and are renewable indefinitely as long as the activity continues. They also allow the spouse to follow the visa holder in the United States and obtain a work permit (different from the green card) or a study permit ( F1 visa ).

How to obtain the E1 / E2 visa?

It is necessary to respect several steps in order to obtain an E1 or E2 visa: