ESTA Online application
All nationals of member countries of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), adults and children, regardless of age, must apply for ESTA before traveling to the United States.
Getting your ESTA official is within the reach of all: just have an internet connection to complete the online application and pay the fees. Indeed, this form is not to print and is not to be sent by mail.
The papers to be provided for an ESTA application
Before completing the ESTA form , make sure you have all the necessary documents on hand .
- You will need your passport
- Also get your plane tickets because you will have to fill in the name of your airline and your flight numbers.
- Do not forget your credit card to pay the processing fee.
The ESTA form has several sections. You will find :
- Questions related to your identity : last name, first name, date of birth, address and passport number.
- Questions about your trip as such: the length of your stay and your project in the United States (tourism or business) are some of the main pieces of information to provide. The place of your stay is also part of the questions on the form.
- In a third time, you will find questions about your judicial and moral profile . You will be asked whether you have ever violated US law, participated in terrorist activities or been convicted of a crime. Your state of health is also mentioned (in case of contagious virus).
Whatever your profile and past, it is imperative to respond sincerely to the various questions : answers can be checked.
Processing fees and getting
Once the form is filled and the information is verified, all you have to do is pay the processing fee . They are to be paid by credit card.
In most cases, the ESTA authorization is granted immediately and the trip can begin. But in some cases your ESTA authorization may be “pending” momentarily. A little extra time will therefore be necessary.
Namely: The US government advises you to print this authorization and take it with you, even if you will not be asked to present a copy during the flight or upon your arrival in the United States.