Apply for ESTA online
Documents required for an ESTA application
Before filling in the ESTA form, make sure youhave all the necessary documents to hand.
- You will need your passport for the USA.
- You’ll also need your airline tickets, as you’ll need to fill in the name of your airline and your flight numbers.
- Don’t forget your credit card to pay ESTA fees.
The ESTA form consists of several parts to be completed
- You’ll have to answer questions about your identity: surname, first name, date of birth, address and passport number, your parents’ identity and your occupation. You will also be asked to enter your social network accounts.
- You will also need to upload your passport photo online.
- Then you’ll be asked questions about your trip: the length and purpose of your stay. The location of your stay and the airline are also included in the questions on the form.
- In the last part of the form, you will find questions relating to your legal and moral profile. You will be asked if you have ever violated U.S. law, participated in terrorist activities or been convicted of a felony. We also ask about your state of health.
Whatever your profile and background, it’s imperative that you answer the various questions truthfully. Your answers may be subject to verification.
Once the form has been filled in and the information verified, all that’s left to do is pay for the ESTA by credit card. In most cases, ESTA authorization is granted immediately and travel can begin. But in some cases, your ESTA authorization will be on hold. The American administration undertakes to provide you with a definitive answer for your ESTA within a maximum of 72 hours.
Note: It is advisable to have printed your ESTA. You will not be asked to show this certificate when boarding or upon arrival in the United States. U.S. customs will consult their computer system to access your ESTA.