Apply for ESTA
Obtaining your official ESTA is easy: all you need is an Internet connection to fill out the online application and pay the application fee. This form does not need to be printed or mailed.
Documents required for an ESTA application
Before filling out the ESTA form, make sure you have all the necessary documents on hand.
- You will need your passport
- You will also need your airline tickets as you will need to fill in the name of your airline and your flight numbers.
- Don’t forget your credit card to pay the processing fee.
The ESTA form has several sections. You will find :
- Questions related to your identity: last name, first name, date of birth, address and passport number.
- Questions about your actual trip: the length of your stay and your plans for the U.S. (tourism or business) are among the most important information to provide. The location of your stay is also part of the questions on the form.
- In athird step, you will find questions related to your judicial and moral profile. In particular, you will be asked if you have ever violated U.S. law, participated in terrorist activities or been convicted of a crime. Your state of health is also mentioned (in case of contagious virus).
Whatever your profile and background, it is imperative that you answer the various questions truthfully: the answers may be subject to verification.
The cost of processing and obtaining
Once the form has been filled out and the information verified, all that remains is for you to pay the processing fee. They are to be paid by credit card.
In most cases, ESTA authorization is granted immediately and travel can begin. But in some cases your ESTA authorization may be pending momentarily. A little extra time will therefore be needed.
Note: The U.S. government recommends that you print this authorization and bring it with you, even though you will not be required to present a copy during the flight or upon arrival in the United States.