Passport to travel to the United States

Traveling to the United States for business or a trip with family or friends? The US authorities have done everything to simplify the entry formalities in the US while ensuring the greatest safety for travelers. If you are traveling without a Visa but with ESTA authorization, it will be necessary to present some type of passport to the immigration services.

Biometric passport or electronic required!

For security reasons, the US authorities require that every traveler entering the territory has a biometric or electronic passport . To find out if your passport is valid, watch its cover: the small symbol of a chip must be present under the word “PASSPORT”. If so, you have the right document for your trip to the United States!

If your passport is too old or if it is out of date, all you have to do is make a request to the town hall of your municipality. A passport costs € 86 and will remain valid for 10 years. Its lead times may vary depending on your city and time of year.

Passport and authorization ESTA

In addition to your biometric or electronic passport, you must have an ESTA authorization. Created under the Visa Waiver Program, ESTA USA allows you to travel to the United States without having to apply for a US Visa.

Far from being incidental, this official document will allow you to enter the United States and stay there for up to 90 consecutive days. Valid for two years, it is available online for a price of 14 dollars.