The United States of America welcomes more than 60 million tourists from all over the world every year. Indeed, thanks to its influence all over the world, its history and its many varied landscapes, the USA has what it takes to sell its American Dream for a few days of vacation. Many French tourists choose this destination and leave thanks to the visa exemption program. But how to obtain an ESTA authorization in the UK? And what does ESTA allow?
ESTA USA: what is it?
The ESTA USA, or simply ESTA, is a special authorization to travel to the United States. It is the result of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). It grants entry into the United States without having to obtain a visa provided certain criteria are met:
- Plan a stay of 90 days maximum;
- Plan a non-remunerated tourist or business trip
- To be able to present a round trip ticket;
- Have an electronic or biometric passport;
- Travel with a U.S. government-approved company.
But ultimately, it is the U.S. authorities who grant or deny authorization. To do so, you must fill out a form.
ESTA USA: how to get it?
Obtaining an ESTA is very simple. Simply fill out an online form (exclusively online) by answering several questions. Just make sure you have a biometric or electronic passport and a credit card that allows you to make payments online.
The form is presented as follows:
- A first part where you will be asked for information related to your identity;
- A second part where you will have to fill in the information registered on your passport;
- Finally, the third part consists of a series of questions with binary answers (answer with “Yes” or “No”) on different subjects (your health condition, legal history…).
It is important to note that the ESTA USA is not free. An initial fee of $21 is required to submit your application. This amount is used to fund the administration in charge of verifying authorizations and also the organizations responsible for promoting the United States around the world.
In order to make your request you can go to the official ESTA website.