Visit American National Parks with ESTA?
National parks: a natural landscape not to be missed
The United States has the most renowned national parks in the world. Yellowstone Park in particular is a fascinating place. It was the first in the USA to be designated a National Park in the 19th century. Located in the state of Wyoming, it is hard to believe that a huge active volcano remains within it. Yellowstone offers quite extraordinary natural shows:
- The Old Faithful” geyser propels its water column several meters into the air every 90 minutes;
- The Grand Prismatic Spring”, a giant thermal pool in hallucinating colours leaves visitors speechless;
- Unusual encounters with buffalo;
- A gigantic expanse of forest composed of fir trees reaching up to 40 meters high.
Also on the list of very popular national parks is the Grand Canyon a classic of things to see on a trip to the American West that attracts millions of visitors each year. Standing on the edge of the canyon to admire the rock formations that reveal millions of years of history is incredible. It’s hard not to feel emotions when you’re in front of such a show.
National parks: practical information
Our team of U.S. travel veterans share with you some tips to consider before visiting a national park in America:
- Annual Pass: If you plan to visit several national parks during your stay in the United States, we suggest that you purchase an annual pass (the National State Park Pass) rather than paying admission for each visit. For only $80, this pass gives you unlimited access to all national parks.
- Travel: America is a very large country, it is better to travel by car to visit the parks in view of the distance between them. Count 30 dollars of gas per day minimum for a small vehicle and between 20 to 30 dollars per day according to the consumption of your vehicle and your cadence on the road.
Important: with the 90 days allowed on American soil as a tourist thanks to ESTA, you will have ample time to visit several parks. Remember that the validity of your passport must cover your entire stay.